A good ol’ Carolina Storm Surge lifted Andrei Svechnikov’s lacrosse-style goal over Edmonton Oilers captain Connor McDavid’s beauty against the Maple Leafs for the NHL’s top goal of this season.
Svechnikov’s gem, scored against Calgary goaltender David Rittich on Oct. 29 of this pandemic-paused season, garnered 62 per cent of the vote, thanks to a late boost from Hurricanes fans.
It is the time when all of Canes Nation gets together and votes for Andrei Svechnikov to propel him to the top goal of the season!<br><br>VOTE SVECH! <a href=”https://t.co/cq8OhEqxeF”>https://t.co/cq8OhEqxeF</a>
McDavid’s undressing of the Leafs — a burst of speed past defenceman Morgan Rielly before a top-shelf flick over goalie Michael Hutchinson in a 6-4 Oilers win on Jan. 6 — received 38 per cent.
- No. 1 Matthew Tkachuk goes between the legs in OT
- No. 2 Filip Forsberg pulls off lacrosse goal at full speed
- No. 3 Connor McDavid speeds through Flyers
- No. 4 Sonny Milano scores full-speed between-the-legs beauty
- No. 5 Jack Eichel dangles from east to west
- No. 6 Mitch Marner dekes before backhand finish
- No. 7 Gabriel Landeskog splits the defence
- No. 8 Blake Coleman finishes with one hand
- No. 11 Alex Ovechkin slides home goal from his stomach
- No. 12 Auston Matthews shows off quick hands
- No. 13 Sidney Crosby displays patience
- No. 14 Ivan Provorov goes coast to coast
- No. 15 Pekka Rinne snipes goalie goal
- No. 16 Shea Weber scores off double-slapper
View original article here Source